FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages 
Coaching Program
High School Gymnastics Coach Forum Forum Index » General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewBee

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Coaching Program

I am a long time gymnast, 12+ yrs, owned my club for a few yrs. So I know gymnastics, however I have been offered the HS gymnastics coaching position and I am looking for some ideas of how to establish a strong program. This is a school with alot of potential, however the AD says they have never really had program. I really want to share my knowledge & skills while helping these girls achieve their goals. I'm just not sure where to start. ANY help would be great!!! This is a class B school, so it's a smaller school......Thanks!! Very Happy
 Back to top »
sunnandsnow

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject:

It helps if you can get one or two of the more skilled gymnasts excited about the program, because they will recruit more talent for you. You also have to work hard to build awareness for the program and make sure that the girls who do turn out are having fun and in turn, are out there being evangelists for the team. I coached for 17 years and experienced being both at the top and the bottom and as most coaches will tell you, it's really difficult to recruit talent when there isn't much other talent on the team. That's just the way it goes. But you might get lucky and have that one really good girl who turns out and brings all of her former club buddies with her. Good luck!
 Back to top »
Warrior102

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject:

It takes time to build a strong program. The gymnasts need somewhere to work out year round to maintain and learn new skills. We have a feeder program through the park district that works out at our school in the evening. These girls start at a young age and stay throughout their high school career. Many become coaches for the feeder program. The younger gymnast come to our home meets and flash scores or perform a short group routine before the meet.
 Back to top »
Jasper

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

If you want to learn about, how to Investment in Hedge Funds or want to know about Financial market.visit website now.
High School Gymnastics Coach Forum Forum Index » General Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: