FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages 
Choreography
High School Gymnastics Coach Forum Forum Index » Coach Concerns & Frustrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colormepink

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Choreography

Do you choreograph all of your routines for your girls or do you have them do their own? Every year it seems to be a mad rush to get enough floor routines ready for the first meet.
 Back to top »
Steffersrme

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject:

I usually have them pick thier music the first week of practice. I come up with a floor pattern and get them started with choreography (like where the best spot is for gym/acro, etc). They help each other with the rest and then I go back and check them for event requirements, etc. I used to choreograph everything but am finding that letting them share the responsibility is working.
 Back to top »
blackc96

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject:

Do you have to do anything to motivate them to get the routines done themselves? I tried having them do their own and/or helping each other but most wouldn't do it and I'd end up doing them all anyway.
 Back to top »
Steffersrme

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject:

When I get them started on their choreography I personally teach them the floor pattern and the very beginning before the first tumbling pass. I have it all written out on a worksheet that I made. They can see on the worksheet exactly what goes where. All they have to do is finish filling out the worksheet and then fit what they made to the music. At the beginning of the season I place LOTS of emphasis on getting floor and beam routines created. They know that if they don't get their routines made they will be in floor purgatory. They are pretty motivated to get it done. We have such a short time between the beginning of the season and the first meet that they know there's no time to dilly-dally. That being said, I monitor the situation closely and make sure they stay on task.
 Back to top »
windemma

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject:

What song was in the choreography during the auditions of So You Think You Can Dance season 5? Like when they don't get straight to vegas and have to do the choreography, what song do they dance too?
High School Gymnastics Coach Forum Forum Index » Coach Concerns & Frustrations
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: